Homework Is EVIL

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Homework Is EVIL

Post by RoganSalmond on Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:49 am

Homework is a form of slavery. It is a way of keeping us in line that the man uses and disgueses as education,the truth is that it has no educational value. Its time for us to fight the system and fight homework, because if we dont we could easily lose other freedoms which the governmeent doesent want us to have. We' only had these freedoms for 40 years its not time to lose them yet.

RoganSalmond
I smell strange


Review Avatar
Currently Saving Points For: The ability to fly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Homework Is EVIL

Post by Sowilo on Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:03 am

Your arguments are weak. Homework holds some of the greatest educational value as it is used to revise information( and get people involved more in their work(when it's things like projects are research).

Homework helps you learn Rogan. But to actually learn from homework you need to actually do it and put effort into it.

Many gifted children feel that way about homework when they cannot see any point in it and it doesn't have a clear purpose. Others are able to infer the purpose behind homework.

I do agree that some homework can actually be useless from my point of view but a teacher will not give out homework unless there is a reason for it. Homework help a lot with learning but it requires effort from both the teacher and the student.

The student needs to do it properly and the teacher needs to provide constructive criticism when possible and be able to tell students why they are doing it.

The best questions always begin with: WHY...?
avatar
Sowilo
Your Almighty Leader
Your Almighty Leader


Review Avatar
Currently Saving Points For: A Soul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Homework Is EVIL

Post by RoganSalmond on Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:06 am

You no what alex, you lose respect for that. Because homework comes from an era when the educational system was absolutely terrible, YOU DO NOT LEARN A THING, IT HAS BEEN PROVEN, MANY TEACHERS JUST DO WHAT THEIR TOLD DAMNIT ITS JUST BLIND SHEEP MY FRIEND.

RoganSalmond
I smell strange


Review Avatar
Currently Saving Points For: The ability to fly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Homework Is EVIL

Post by Sowilo on Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:18 am

First of all:

• This has been proven... where?
• Also, teachers set their own homework and they wouldn't set it if it wasn't educational because that would mean they'd have to mark pointlessly.
avatar
Sowilo
Your Almighty Leader
Your Almighty Leader


Review Avatar
Currently Saving Points For: A Soul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Homework Is EVIL

Post by RoganSalmond on Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:32 am

Alex, teachers are typicaly just gonna follow what their teachers tell'em and homeworks in there. I mean not all teachers are smart, some are fuckwits, Take mr webster for instance alot of his classwork is a waste of time. Some homework is fine but there is simply to much in our world.

Some child prodigy proved it through some study.

I hope u no alex that the original educational ideas in the modern era ( the modern era id 1500 on by historical means) where developed to police soceity, keep peeps of the streets and what not. Thats why they call it an Educational policy. Policy coming from the word police, now it means something different, but homework was developed as a way of policing society

Also revision is often not nessary, alot more learning could be done if more liberal styles of learning are used. IF A TEACHER CANNOT DO WHA HE/SHE WANTS DONE IN CLASS TIME HE/SHE ISNT DOING ITS JOBE

RoganSalmond
I smell strange


Review Avatar
Currently Saving Points For: The ability to fly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Homework Is EVIL

Post by Josh on Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:56 am

Im siding with Rogan on this one, Homework has SOME educational value but I do belive that if the teacher sets an activity in the classroom then she should give ample time for it to be completed. maybye having a rule say when the second person/group finishes a given task then the other groups will be nearly finished and will have to complete the rest for homework. another reason is the fact that there will always be idiots, take josh romero for example, that are total dumbs*its and cant do the work without being constantly supervised by somebody that knows the task at hand and can provide hands on assistance if needed.

Josh
i before e except after c


Review Avatar
Currently Saving Points For: rogans brain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Homework Is EVIL

Post by Josh on Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:15 am

Sowilo wrote:First of all:

• This has been proven... where?
• Also, teachers set their own homework and they wouldn't set it if it wasn't educational because that would mean they'd have to mark pointlessly.

Alex, a teacher dosent set the homework the school curriculum does, of course the teacher can set extra tasks for the dumbs*hits in the class *cough*joshromero*cough* and the homework they do mark goes onto their record so it does make them look like they work hard when they get assesed pig

Josh
i before e except after c


Review Avatar
Currently Saving Points For: rogans brain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Homework Is EVIL

Post by Josh R on Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:17 am

Rogan. Y da hell do u need to bring me into these. U dont have much going on upstairs. go bak to A block. i agree with alex.
avatar
Josh R
lawl jayson


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Homework Is EVIL

Post by Sowilo on Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:19 am

._______________.
Uhhh...

Actually the teachers choose what they give you for homework. The school curriculum decides what the teachers must teach you. What the teacher gives you will be work that they didn't have time to include or thinks will be good as a follow up for their lesson.

Also...

MOD NOTICE: Please do not double-post. If you have something more to say, click the edit button next to the quote button.

EDIT: Bahaha. Hi Josh.
avatar
Sowilo
Your Almighty Leader
Your Almighty Leader


Review Avatar
Currently Saving Points For: A Soul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Homework Is EVIL

Post by Josh R on Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:27 am

Hush Hush. So. I think. Homework is gay. But it is also gay. And a waste of time. And I agree with alex cos Rogan is a pain
avatar
Josh R
lawl jayson


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Homework Is EVIL

Post by RoganSalmond on Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:39 am

Alex when has the system ever been right. Thinking that HW is good because its always been there so it must be right(which prety much is your argument) is a backwards idea usaly taken on by parties like the Republican paty( JOHN MC CAIN). I mean think about, every system we have inplace is flawed, hugely, just because its been considered good in the past dont mean it should stand. Just look at the prison system, we put criminals into a full criminal population and tiny little cell. We dont give them rehabiltion help what so ever and then we put them right back into society, wouldnt u be pissed off enought to kill someone. Dont be blind, dont listen to the, allow free thought, dont be a backwards conservitive like mccain.

Also, im actually suprised i didnt bring this up before, most student will do hw strait after they get home( i dont, i dont even do hw) and this reactivation of the mind will disalow the information gained in school to be processed by the brain. So effectivly were losing what weve learnt in school.

As well as this i definately have better things to do after school, and so does everyone, they need the abbility to socialise. And im trying to write a scientific theory on the creation of nearly all things, but the amish Social studdies teacher says i have to do some shit which doesnt even potray the maori ppl in a realistic way. HOMETIME IS OUR TIME, SCHOOL TIME IS TIME TO DO THIS CRAP.

BASIC FREEDOM OF LABOR AND TIME

RoganSalmond
I smell strange


Review Avatar
Currently Saving Points For: The ability to fly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Homework Is EVIL

Post by Sowilo on Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:53 pm

RoganSalmond wrote:Thinking that HW is good because its always been there so it must be right(which prety much is your argument) is a backwards idea

Actually, I never once said this.

RoganSalmond wrote:most student will do hw strait after they get home( i dont, i dont even do hw) and this reactivation of the mind will disalow the information gained in school to be processed by the brain

First of all, sources? And second of all that is the main point of revision homework(ie. Maths Homework Books). Revision allows extended education to allow kids to really get it into their brains.

Finally, you would have time for a social life if you would actually do your homework. It's normally only something like a half hour job if you don't sit there thinking about how you don't want to do it. So basically, if people want to be social and get their homework done they need to be able to organise their time effectively.
avatar
Sowilo
Your Almighty Leader
Your Almighty Leader


Review Avatar
Currently Saving Points For: A Soul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Homework Is EVIL

Post by RoganSalmond on Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:42 am

Sowilo wrote:
RoganSalmond wrote:Thinking that HW is good because its always been there so it must be right(which prety much is your argument) is a backwards idea

Actually, I never once said this.


RoganSalmond wrote:most student will do hw strait after they get home( i dont, i dont even do hw) and this reactivation of the mind will disalow the information gained in school to be processed by the brain

First of all, sources? And second of all that is the main point of revision homework(ie. Maths Homework Books). Revision allows extended education to allow kids to really get it into their brains.

Finally, you would have time for a social life if you would actually do your homework. It's normally only something like a half hour job if you don't sit there thinking about how you don't want to do it. So basically, if people want to be social and get their homework done they need to be able to organise their time effectively.


Alex im trying to say even though your not saying it your arguments point to the idea that its an established idea and therefore must be a correct one. Secondly, thats a theory, and i think that it is a well thuoght through one. If you work to much you will probably forget what you supposedly "learned' and you serously wont be able to do this revison, to teach something at the time and then to just re-establish those ideas through actual teaching and not just DO THIS we will have a much more intellectual society.

RoganSalmond
I smell strange


Review Avatar
Currently Saving Points For: The ability to fly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Homework Is EVIL

Post by Josh on Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:32 am

Rogan is right, most students DO do their hw straight after they get home and this dosent provide time for the brain to soak up what has been learnt during that day. and an even better point is this one...


HOME TIME IS OUR TIME, SCHOOLTIME IS TO DO THAT CRAP!!!!!

Josh
i before e except after c


Review Avatar
Currently Saving Points For: rogans brain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Homework Is EVIL

Post by Dr.Octagonapus on Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:18 am

Josh wrote:Rogan is right, most students DO do their hw straight after they get home and this dosent provide time for the brain to soak up what has been learnt during that day.

kk one wtf? Josh like you said above it doesn't provide time for the brain to soak up what has been 'learnt'
Thats where homework comes in... TO REVISE WHAT YOU HAVE LEARNT! said Sowilo

Two i think you all are stupid. Because isn't this a place to rant about people you hate? Not 'Things' you hate.

Three I wont go with Sowilo this time because i'm trying to be fair. Is that, yes like Josh said. Home Time is for Relaxation not hard slavery and that School Time is for the Homework crap thing.

Many of you make good comebacks and discussion, but i think Sowilo wins because she can take on all three of you so lol? isn't that an unfair advantage might i ask you. And Josh R. what with "Oh i hate Homework but i agree with Alex"
You are saying something oxymoronically yes that is a word cause i do my HOMEWORK!

And lastly they should make it that Homework is optional so that dim witted people like some people who started this, not naming people can have a relaxation or try to prove themselves by REVISING and for smart light bulbs like me(not really) can relax and slack off or procrastinate because they know all of this

Sign....... Dr. Octagonapus

B LARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111one
avatar
Dr.Octagonapus
Junior Spychecker
Junior Spychecker


Review Avatar
Currently Saving Points For: A Cock!!!!!|||no silly i mean a chicken!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Homework Is EVIL

Post by Mr. Toasty Generic on Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:46 am

Dr.Octagonapus wrote:

Two i think you all are stupid. Because isn't this a place to rant about people you hate? Not 'Things' you hate.


Umm you can rant about things you hate? That thing in the description was just an example, if you dont like christmas then rant about it here...
avatar
Mr. Toasty Generic
Warm and Toasty
Warm and Toasty


Review Avatar
Currently Saving Points For: My trademark shirt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Homework Is EVIL

Post by Dr.Octagonapus on Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:20 am

oh kk woops and anyways lol nice Event
avatar
Dr.Octagonapus
Junior Spychecker
Junior Spychecker


Review Avatar
Currently Saving Points For: A Cock!!!!!|||no silly i mean a chicken!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Homework Is EVIL

Post by RoganSalmond on Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:18 am

Hey, punk, dont make me rant about u. BTW I WIN BECAUSE MORE PPL AGREE WITH ME

RoganSalmond
I smell strange


Review Avatar
Currently Saving Points For: The ability to fly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Homework Is EVIL

Post by Josh R on Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:37 am

Also> the short blond Josh is stealing my life not the other way around. GRUB
avatar
Josh R
lawl jayson


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Homework Is EVIL

Post by Josh on Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:23 am

Oh i frekin see how it frekin is and btw im not short im 163cm so suck on that leech!

Josh
i before e except after c


Review Avatar
Currently Saving Points For: rogans brain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Homework Is EVIL

Post by Mr. Toasty Generic on Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:27 am

Hey guys, make your own rant topic if you want to fight about who's stealing each others life. Or should I change the topic name to Homework is EVIL and Josh vs Josh...
avatar
Mr. Toasty Generic
Warm and Toasty
Warm and Toasty


Review Avatar
Currently Saving Points For: My trademark shirt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Homework Is EVIL

Post by Josh R on Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:06 am

I'm nearly as tall as rogan but im 20 times better looking. So HAH! and change it to josh vs lesser josh.
avatar
Josh R
lawl jayson


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Homework Is EVIL

Post by Josh on Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:02 am

ok this is the last thing about josh ok everything else will be posted in josh vs josh

I doubt your 180cm tall josh i mean you frekin photo on this forum might be but thats total bulls*it plus i dont care if your hot if you have no f*cking brains what use is it youll just become some drug addict or drunk thats probably gunna end up working for som1 like me who acctually tries and dont just use the combak oh im in the top class cuase u go to howick its completeley different from my skool macleans is way harder you would collapse under the pressure of this school so moi bein for at least trying to make a combak but it was pretty crap.

oh and change your picture if your having trouble resizing it just ring microsoft they dont usually help with tasks that easy but im sure once they here who you are theyed be happy to help.


Last edited by Josh on Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : i dont need a f*cking reason wtf)

Josh
i before e except after c


Review Avatar
Currently Saving Points For: rogans brain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Homework Is EVIL

Post by Josh R on Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:34 am

Okay. Rogan you r a fuckwit. I have better grades than u anyway so if i do become a drunk stoner u will b a drunker more heavyily addicted stoner. I'm not the one that fails Health assignments cos ur to fukin lazy to write enuf to pass.
avatar
Josh R
lawl jayson


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Homework Is EVIL

Post by Josh on Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:22 am

see this is wat im fucking talking about JOSH AND ROGAN ARE 2 DIFFERENT PEOPLE FUCKWIT!

Josh
i before e except after c


Review Avatar
Currently Saving Points For: rogans brain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Homework Is EVIL

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum