ocGA - Oceania Gamers Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wiimote Review by Mr. Generic

4 posters

Go down

Wiimote Review by Mr. Generic Empty Wiimote Review by Mr. Generic

Post by Mr. Toasty Generic Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:29 pm

Wiimote Review [22/03/09]

Nintendo has revolutionized gaming ever since they released the NES, with the SNES, Game Boy line, N64 and Gamecube they've been pretty successful if you ask me. But now with the release of the Wii, everyone has been sceptical if it will have the same overall success as their other consoles.

I will be reviewing not the Wii itself, but its controls (eg. the Wiimote and the sensor bar) some games will be reviewed partially too. Also note this is not a number score review, I leave it to YOU to decide if the Wii is worth it.

The Wiimote is probably the most interesting next-gen controller we've seen so far, it's shaped like a long rectangle and of course has motion sensors. With that being said, the Wiimote has had the most success in making a 'good' motion control but I still have gripes about it.

Wiimote Review by Mr. Generic Wiimote-762302

One of the main problems is that you need to be pretty precise with the movement of your Wiimote, it's much easier to just scroll a menu or attack an enemy just by pressing a button right? I mean, look at the Xbox 360, it has a good controller and amazing graphics. Nintendo is trying to innovate too much when they could've done a follow-up to the Gamecube with improved graphics. The Wii, well doesn't have graphics that are up to standard with the two other consoles on the market right now.

Although I have whined about its motion controls, a few games CAN use them right but it would just be easier to use a Gamecube controller with it. The Legend of Zelda : Twilight Princess is a good example, it's a good game but why not just use the Gamecube controller instead of looking like an idiot? Wii Sports and Wii Play utilise the controls how they are supposed to be used, but the Wii could've been so much more ... Gamecube Plus perhaps? Or maybe their original name, the Revolution. Also on an ending note, the Nunchuk works well in my opinion but it's motion control isnt nice either for me.

Overall, I am pretty disappointed in the Wiimote, this doesn't mean I'll not play my Wii but that Nintendo should think their next console over and make a better Gamecube and also rethink over not relying on their DS touch screen so much and going back to Gameboy basics.

-Mr. Generic

Last edited by Mr. Generic on Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edits to final paragraph)
Mr. Toasty Generic
Mr. Toasty Generic
Warm and Toasty
Warm and Toasty

Review Avatar
Currently Saving Points For: My trademark shirt

Back to top Go down

Wiimote Review by Mr. Generic Empty Re: Wiimote Review by Mr. Generic

Post by Defeated Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:46 am

10/10!!!
Defeated
Defeated
hand rape

Back to top Go down

Post by Sowilo Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:41 am

I disagree. The Wiimote is an amazing, innovative piece of technology that has significantly widened the possibilities for technology gaming. I do agree that more games should have the option to be playable with WiiMote Classic/Gamecube controllers though.

I also think that your snipe about looking stupid while using them is silly especially for someone like me who only plays in their own home or at friends' houses.

I personally think that the Wii is a great console. I do agree that it slightly denies the older styled games and that a "Gamecube Plus" as you called it would be very cool. I think that the Wii and the WiiMote are fantastic and do not hold anything against them. If you want a classic style gameplay, find a different console.

Also, the Wii has had the least issues. MANY X-Box's ROD. I'm sure you remember how much was wrong with the PS3 upon release? And we all know that the PS3 is lacking in decent games.
The biggest problem that has risen from the Wii is, what? Accidentally flinging your WiiMote at the screen? One strap and it's fixed. Unless you're thick. 8D
Sowilo
Sowilo
Your Almighty Leader
Your Almighty Leader

Review Avatar
Currently Saving Points For: A Soul

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Toasty Generic Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:23 am

Some games use the Wiimotes capability well (Wii Sports is an excellent example)

The PS3 has Killzone 2, LBP, SF4 and CoD 4/WaW, just to name a few amazing games out now.

The classic controller is supposed to not be good, I haven't used it so I cant say anything about it. In a game like Marvel Ultimate Alliance, having the camera twirl around if your nunchuk is just on its side is annoying while you could just use the right thumbstick on another console. I do think the Wii is nice, but it gave up graphics, movie capabilities and good online play for motion controls.

I also will say that the Wii is great for kids and family play, we also do have other motion controls like the PS3's controller with six axis support. The Wii has innovated in a way but if it had kept with a Gamecube approach they could have had online play that has a lobby system and much more instead of having to get friend codes from people in America (the forum to get Aussie FC's is dead >.<)

The Wii also doesnt use its Mii's to its full capabilities, the PS3 will have Home coming out soon which is like a Sims community where you can meet up with people and make your own clubs to chat. The Xbox 360 has a new Mii-ish system but could use them a bit more, the Wii has not much use for their Miis which in my opinion could use their own game! (excluding Wii Sports)

Nintendo needs to make a Gamecube Plus that has graphics not from the last gen, good online play and better games with perhaps a revised GC controller with tilt controls (like the PS3 controller)

- Mr Generic
Mr. Toasty Generic
Mr. Toasty Generic
Warm and Toasty
Warm and Toasty

Review Avatar
Currently Saving Points For: My trademark shirt

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr.Octagonapus Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:25 am

Oh and Generic is right you do look like a 'TARD' swinging a small rectangle at a TV. Its not very exciting like Generic said just doing that and trying to get an accurate precise controlled 'Movement' its like pretend this is a Scenario.

'Playing House of the Dead 4000 BC'

Luke:Oh hey John and George wanna play HOUSE OF THE DEAD 4000 BC?
John: Yes what console?
Luke: On the Wii
George: Awesome you dont need an air gun.
John: I know!
Luke: Lets begin.
John: Wow sweet graphics
George: I want House of the Dead 4000BC
John: I know aye?

(30 Secs in the game)

Luke: Ain't this great guys?
John: Come on stupid cross hair get on the Zombie not the door
George: Boom! Wtf how did i shoot myself it was right in front of the zombie
Luke: You ain't using it right you need good slow movements
John: Okay thanks for the tip, slowly, slowly, slowly, BOOM! Headshot!
George: WTF homedog! you just pew pew pew me.
Luke: Sorry it was the Wii mote i Swear

(5Mins of utter chaos)
George: This game sucks donkey (I am sorry, but this word has been taking out due to the fact that the Wii motes sucks(I am sorry, but this word has been taking out due to the fact that the Wii motes sucks(I am sorry, but this word has been taking out due to the fact that the Wii motes sucks)(I am sorry, but this word has been taking out due to the fact that the Wii motes sucks)(I am sorry, but this word has been taking out due to the fact that the Wii motes sucks)))

You get the point.

WII MOTE SUCKS SOWILO,but Generic the Wii is good, but not the stupid mote
Dr.Octagonapus
Dr.Octagonapus
Junior Spychecker
Junior Spychecker

Review Avatar
Currently Saving Points For: A Cock!!!!!|||no silly i mean a chicken!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down