ocGA - Oceania Gamers Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rome Total War PC Game Review

2 posters

Go down

Rome Total War PC Game Review Empty Rome Total War PC Game Review

Post by RoganSalmond Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:29 am

One of the greatest strategy games of all time, possibly the greastest. Based on Ancient Europe, The middle east and Northern Africa this anceint Strategy game involves politics, public health, economy and of course military.

The map

At first there is a strategy map, with all the cities shown and armies represented by giant people, a bit chesey right. But once a battle Starts the map is very well done and realistic. Infact the the battle map is a cut out of a map that extends from brittan to Saudi arabia, from timbucto to moscow. On the map each city has a teritory around it showing the land controlled by the city and everything that contributes to it. So you will need elephants in the teritory to train elephant units, same with cammels.

Economy

The econmy is complex, basicly following Kainsian Economics, the more you spend the stronger the economy becomes. Also in a teritory there will be icons representing things, most of these are tradeable goods, all apart from elephants and cammels. If a teritory has a port(which can be built in the city) it will be able to export goods. Goods go for the highest price where the goods are futher away. Say from trade i could earn 15 denari( the game curency) in trading by exporting escence from eygypt to lybia, but if escence was sent off to say England it would gain around 500 denari in tax. Land trade can be improved by better markets and roads. Sea trade is improved with markets and ports.

Public Health

Public health is effected by There things. The more population the less health there is due to squalor. Squalor is also caused by a poorer soceity. Public Health is improved by new buildings such as sewers. Better public health means better chances of surviving a plague plus more population growth.

Military

Each battle can hold up to over 6000 soilders, each individualy getting experience and each getting fatigued during the battle. I would explain it more but writing a reveiw is tirersome afro afro afro lol!

Last edited by RoganSalmond on Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:55 am; edited 1 time in total

RoganSalmond
I smell strange

Review Avatar
Currently Saving Points For: The ability to fly

Back to top Go down

Rome Total War PC Game Review Empty Re: Rome Total War PC Game Review

Post by Defeated Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:43 am

Wow Your good at writing reviews!!!lol!
Defeated
Defeated
hand rape